The Low Vision Works® Program
The Low Vision Works® program is a highly effective vision rehabilitation process that restores vision and functionality to individuals suffering from low vision disabilities- such as age-related macular degeneration, diabetic retinopathy, glaucoma and certain types of stroke-related vision disorders.
- Maximize the use of your remaining vision
- Improve or maintain reading abilities by means of our visual training program
- Modify activities and environment in order to increase safety and independence
- Select appropriate assistive devices
- Use assistive devices and adaptive equipment to compensate for decrease vision
- Access community support groups and resources
Each session is approximately 1 hour, one to two times per week for approximately 8 weeks.
- An average increase in visual acuity between 40 and 70%
- Reading speed and accuracy often doubles or even triples
- Ability to read print sizes two to three times smaller
Our patients are thrilled to be able to:
- Read and watch TV
- Prepare meals
- Use a computer and cell phone
- Groom themselves
- Read a restaurant menu
- See the faces of their loved ones
The Low Vision Works program works!Contact Us Now!